By understanding the requirements to get a mortgage after a bankruptcy and by carefully rebuilding your credit standing, you can apply for a loan and buy a home.
Low Mortgage Rate Search
Find Updated Adjustable Rates
Mortgage Rate Resources
Figure out your estimated monthly mortgage payment by estimating your loan amount, interest rate, and time period.
Traditional mortgage down payments have always been 10 to 25 percent of the total purchase price of the property. more
A real estate appraisal is an evaluation that determines the value of a property. There can be many different reasons for having an appraisal conducted, but one of the most common purposes is to determine the market value of a house before a mortgage transaction. more
In order to qualify for a low down payment loan, you typically must have a good credit history, sufficient income for the monthly mortgage payments, and enough money for closing costs, among other things. more
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
Adjustable Rate Mortgages
These mortgage loans, often referred to as ARMs, have interest rates that periodically adjust based on a variety of indices. ARMs usually allow borrowers to lower their initial payments, in exchange for assuming the risk of interest rate changes.
Mortgage Loan Types
Select a loan type best suited to your needs.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage - A loan with a floating interest rate, determined by a set of indices.
FHA Loan - A loan guaranteed by the Federal Housing Authority.
VA Loan - A loan offered to American veterans by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
Interest rates on long-term U.S. mortgage loans have been near all-time record lows for a few years now, but they are predicted to start rising during the second half of 2013. That makes now a crucial period for potential and current homeowners to take advantage of the savings to be had from historically rock-bottom rates.... more