By understanding the requirements to get a mortgage after a bankruptcy and by carefully rebuilding your credit standing, you can apply for a loan and buy a home.
Low Mortgage Rate Search
Find Updated Adjustable Rates
Mortgage Rate Resources
Figure out your estimated monthly mortgage payment by estimating your loan amount, interest rate, and time period.
Traditional mortgage down payments have always been 10 to 25 percent of the total purchase price of the property. more
There are many reasons why banks reject short sales. The three most common reasons a property does not qualify for a short sale are: the offer price is too low, the buyer does not qualify, or the seller does not qualify for the short sale. more
A real estate appraisal is an evaluation that determines the value of a property. There can be many different reasons for having an appraisal conducted, but one of the most common purposes is to determine the market value of a house before a mortgage transaction. more
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
Adjustable Rate Mortgages
These mortgage loans, often referred to as ARMs, have interest rates that periodically adjust based on a variety of indices. ARMs usually allow borrowers to lower their initial payments, in exchange for assuming the risk of interest rate changes.
Mortgage Loan Types
Select a loan type best suited to your needs.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage - A loan with a floating interest rate, determined by a set of indices.
FHA Loan - A loan guaranteed by the Federal Housing Authority.
VA Loan - A loan offered to American veterans by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
The number of homes repossessed by lenders rose in May, according to foreclosure data company RealtyTrac, as did foreclosure starts and filings, an indication that banks want to take advantage of rising home prices to push out their inventory. In May, bank repossessions grew to 39,000, up 11 percent from April, with 33 states posting... more