Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
There are at least two ways to find low mortgage loans with a low rate. The easiest is to perform an online search of low rate mortgage lenders in your area. The other way is to ask a bank or other lender for information on their mortgage loan rates.
When you search online, find a search engine that you are comfortable with and limit your search to mortgage lenders that are near you. You will want to limit your choices so that you can find someone who understands the local market. Look at the loan rates and compare them to the cost for the loan. Then contact at least three lenders before making a decision. Once you have researched competitive rates and costs, ask a bank or other mortgage lender for information about their mortgage loan rates. Ask if the rate that they quote you represents the lowest mortgage rate available. Take a look at overall costs closely because many times your local lenders will have better costs and comparable rates.
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit