Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Verification of the source of gift money is not required. However, it is necessary that the gift funds be deposited in the borrower's bank or savings account, or in an escrow account, prior to underwriting approval. Proof of deposit is required.
Gift donors are restricted primarily to a relative of the borrower. They can also be certain organizations, such as a labor union or charitable organization. Contact your local branch for complete information.
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales