Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Verification of the source of gift money is not required. However, it is necessary that the gift funds be deposited in the borrower's bank or savings account, or in an escrow account, prior to underwriting approval. Proof of deposit is required.
Gift donors are restricted primarily to a relative of the borrower. They can also be certain organizations, such as a labor union or charitable organization. Contact your local branch for complete information.
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Appraisal Basics
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- What To Do When Mortgages Default