By understanding the requirements to get a mortgage after a bankruptcy and by carefully rebuilding your credit standing, you can apply for a loan and buy a home.
FHA Best Mortgage Rates
Find Updated FHA Loan Rates
Mortgage Rate Resources
Figure out your estimated monthly mortgage payment by estimating your loan amount, interest rate, and time period.
Traditional mortgage down payments have always been 10 to 25 percent of the total purchase price of the property. more
Mortgages default every day in the world and they are just a normal part of the business for mortgage lenders. There are a certain number of mortgages that will default every year and it is planned for accordingly. While it is common business practice for lenders, it can be devastating for you individually. If you default on a mortgage, it can ruin your credit and your financial outlook for the future. Mortgage default is a major setback for you, but it is not the end of the road. If you are faced with a default on your home, you can take measures to get back in good standing with the lender. more
There are many reasons why banks reject short sales. The three most common reasons a property does not qualify for a short sale are: the offer price is too low, the buyer does not qualify, or the seller does not qualify for the short sale. more
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- Appraisal Basics
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
These loans are insured by government-backed companies and make it more affordable for first-time homebuyers and lower income families to get into the housing market.
Mortgage Loan Types
Select a loan type best suited to your needs.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage - A loan with a floating interest rate, determined by a set of indices.
FHA Loan - A loan guaranteed by the Federal Housing Authority.
VA Loan - A loan offered to American veterans by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
Home prices rose in April, sales increased and inventory expanded. And it all happened at breakneck speed, according to a report from real estate brokerage Redfin, with homes selling at the fastest pace on record. In April, 35.2 percent of all houses going under contract within 14 days of their initial listing. That’s up from 34.5 percent... more