Traditional mortgage down payments have always been 10 to 25 percent of the total purchase price of the property. more
Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
- Issues After Filing Bankruptcy
- About The Bankruptcy Process
- Bankruptcy and Bills
- Who Can Help Me With Bankruptcy?
- Alternatives to Filing Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy and Bill Collectors
- Your House and Car
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Do I Have To Go To Court?
- How to Avoid Foreclosure
- Questions and Answers
- How to Avoid Foreclosure
- Your Property and Assets
Learn More About...
In addition to mortgage loans for home purchases, there are also other loans available for various purposes that use the home for collateral.
Mortgage interest rates are determined by credit history strength, the number of points you pay, the size of your down payment and the type of loan program you choose.
Obtaining funding is crucial to buying a home. This requires applying for a mortgage, choosing a house that meets the appraisal standards, and determining the amount of the down payment.
There are dozens of different types of mortgage loan programs. They have been created to suit the varying needs of homebuyers.
When making a big move, it's essential to find out as much as possible about the schools, the neighborhoods, the housing costs and the community resources.
A real estate appraisal is an evaluation that determines the value of a property. There can be many different reasons for having an appraisal conducted, but one of the most common purposes is to determine the market value of a house before a mortgage transaction. more
Deciding whether or not you should refinance depends on your personal financial situation. If interest rates are lower today than they were when you first took out your mortgage, refinancing makes sense. more
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
The Mortgage101 Blog
Existing home sales have soared to the highest pace in three-and-a-half years, inventory has been sparse, and prices have made a monumental comeback, rising 11 percent in the past year. Yep, it’s officially a seller’s market. While this might make plenty of buyers nervous, it is still possible to score a great home in the... more