Traditional mortgage down payments have always been 10 to 25 percent of the total purchase price of the property. more
Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
- Understanding Mortgage Trends
- Home Mortgage Rate Factors
- Home Mortgage Rate Factors
- Mortgage Market Information
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Pay Points For Lower Rate
- Bankruptcy and Interest Rates
- Positive and Negative Mortgage Points Explained
- 2 Ways to Find Low Rate Mortgage Loans
- Bad Credit Home Equity Loan Rate Fundamentals
- Foreclosure vs. Bankruptcy: Which is Worse?
- Find Better Bad Credit Home Equity Loan Rates
- Negative Amortization Explained
- Tax Break Criteria for Mortgage Points
- Guidelines to Negotiating ARM Mortgage Loan Rates
- Find the Best Home Improvement Loan Rates Online
- What Is a Floating Interest Rate?
- 3 Reasons for Floating Your Interest Rate
- How the Interest Rate on an ARM Is Determined
- How a Credit Card Can Help Rebuild Your Credit
- How Long Does an Inquiry Stay on Your Credit Report?
Learn More About...
In addition to mortgage loans for home purchases, there are also other loans available for various purposes that use the home for collateral.
Mortgage interest rates are determined by credit history strength, the number of points you pay, the size of your down payment and the type of loan program you choose.
Obtaining funding is crucial to buying a home. This requires applying for a mortgage, choosing a house that meets the appraisal standards, and determining the amount of the down payment.
There are dozens of different types of mortgage loan programs. They have been created to suit the varying needs of homebuyers.
There are many reasons why banks reject short sales. The three most common reasons a property does not qualify for a short sale are: the offer price is too low, the buyer does not qualify, or the seller does not qualify for the short sale. more
FHA (Federal Housing Administration) loans are very flexible, and you may qualify for an FHA loan with bad credit. more
- Appraisal Basics
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
The Mortgage101 Blog
Home prices rose in April, sales increased and inventory expanded. And it all happened at breakneck speed, according to a report from real estate brokerage Redfin, with homes selling at the fastest pace on record. In April, 35.2 percent of all houses going under contract within 14 days of their initial listing. That’s up from 34.5 percent... more