Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
If you are looking for a bad credit home equity loan, there is a good chance that you are frustrated with the rates that you are being offered. When you have bad credit, you will usually not receive the best rates in the industry. However, that does not mean that you should just settle for whatever rate you are initially quoted. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when looking for better bad credit home equity loan rates.
One of the easiest ways to try and find a better rate is to shop online. Once you begin to look around, you will realize that there are a number of lenders out there that may be willing to work with you. The more lenders you review, the better chance you will have to find a cheaper rate.
Once you start to narrow down your choices a little, you need to start negotiating with the lenders that you are working with. You need to talk to a loan officer and see what the best offer they can make you is. Do not take the initial offer and just ask them if they can do any better. Ask them to lower fees, if the rate seems to be low.
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right