Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
- Your current financial picture
- How you expect your finances to change
- How long you intend to keep your house
- How comfortable you are with your mortgage payment changing
For example, a 15-year fixed rate mortgage can save you many thousands of dollars in interest payments over the life of the loan, but your monthly payments will be higher. An adjustable rate mortgage may get you started with a lower monthly payment than a fixed rate mortgage, but your payments could get higher when the interest rate changes.
The best way to find the right answer is to discuss your finances your plans and financial prospects and your preferences frankly with a mortgage professional."
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Short Selling a Rental Property