Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
When you are ready to shop for a loan, you can work directly with a lender or with a mortgage broker representing many individual lenders. Direct lenders are lending their own money, have in house programs and make the final decision on your application. Mortgage brokers are intermediaries who represent many lenders and loan programs from which to choose.
If you have special financing needs or want to shop the market for the best deal an experienced broker may be able to find the best loan for you.
Along with shopping the source you'll also have to shop the total cost of the loan including the interest rate fees points (each point is one percent of the amount you borrow) prepayment penalties the loan term and a host of other items."
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Appraisal Basics
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes