Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
If you get several different moving company rates before you finalize your move, you can compare them to see which offers the most safety for the best price. The one with the lowest offer may not be the one to choose if they are not an established company. It is better to pay a little more and have good reason to feel secure with the mover than risk your property with a cheaper company that is unproven.
Compare Different Movers
If you have different moving companies estimate the cost of your move, you can often negotiate to have the one you feel the safest with match your lowest offer. If your favorite is already the lowest bidder, you can still try to get them to drop the price further by haggling a little on the cost per pound or the amount of pre-move package wrapping they will do.
What to Look Out For
If one of the movers gives you an estimate that is suspiciously low relative to the other companies, you should make sure they have a solid reputation before you accept the offer. The company should be well known, not an independent start-up that is trying to gain business by slashing their competitors’ prices.
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application