Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Today's Average 4.78%
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Section 203(i) provides mortgage insurance for a person to purchase a principal residence in a rural area. The mortgage loan is funded by a lending institution, such as a mortgage company, bank, savings and loan association and the mortgage is insured by HUD.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Borrower must meet standard FHA credit qualifications.
- Borrower is eligible for approximately 97% financing. Borrower is able to finance closing costs and the up front mortgage insurance premium into the mortgage. The borrower will also be responsible for paying an annual premium.
- Eligible properties are one to four unit structures, including farm housing located on 2 acres or more of land adjacent to an all weather road.
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure