Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
To determine if you need flood insurance, ask your insurance professional, mortgage company or neighbors about the flood history in your area. If there is a potential for flooding, you should consider purchasing a policy that covers the structure and your personal belongings.
Flood insurance can be purchased from an insurance agent or company under contract with the Federal Insurance Administration (FIA), part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Flood insurance is only available where the local government has adopted adequate flood plain management regulations under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application