Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Today's Average 4.95%
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Once you have selected an appraiser be prepared to answer questions and provide requested information such as:
- What is the purpose of the appraisal?
- When is the required completion date of the appraisal?
- Is the property listed for sale and if so for how much and with whom?
- Is there a mortgage? If so with whom when was it placed for how much type of mortgage [FHA VA etc.] interest rate and are there any other types of financing.
- What personal property such as appliances are included ?
- If it is an income producing property a breakdown of income and expenses for the last year or two and a copy of leases.
- A copy of deed survey purchase agreement or other pertinent papers pertaining to the property.
- A copy of current real estate tax bill statement of special assessments balance owing and on what [sewer water etc.].
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- Appraisal Basics
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right