Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
A professional moving company can be a big help when you are about to relocate; however, to avoid possible problems, you should choose a mover that is established. Do some research online about the company you are considering for your move, to make sure they are licensed and have a good reputation.
What to Watch Out For
Once you determine what you want the moving company to transport, their representative will give you a written estimate of the cost and have you sign a contract. Do not sign the contract unless you are completely satisfied with the terms.
If you have compared several moving companies, the prices they charge should be relatively similar. If one company is drastically lower than the others, they may just be offering a special rate at the time. If they are a large mover and are reputable, be happy you found a good deal. If they are a new company you found on the Internet, you may want to pass to avoid any potential problems.
Some moving companies require you to make a down payment before they will agree to work for you. If the company is established and reputable, this is not an issue. However, if the company is relatively new, you should proceed with caution.
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer