Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
If you want to rebuild credit, one of the best ways to do so is with the use of a credit card. Even though credit cards can help decimate your credit, they can also help rebuild it if you use them effectively. Here are the basics of how a credit card can help rebuild your credit.
Credit is something that you have to use in order to improve. If you have a bad credit history, you are going to need to continue using your credit in some manner. If you completely avoid the use of credit, you are never going to be able to build it back. Using a credit card will allow the credit card company to report to the credit bureaus for you.
Your payment history is the most important factor when it comes to developing good credit. If you have a good payment history, this is going to make up 35 percent of your credit score. By using a credit card, you are going to be able to make your payments on time and get a good payment history going. As long as you make your payments on time, this is going to help you rebuild your credit quickly.
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application