Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
You can get a copy of your credit report for free once every year. The 3 major credit reporting agencies are Equifax, TransUnion and Experian. The 3 companies have established a website where you can request a copy of your free reports.
Step 1 - Go Online
Go to annualcreditreport.com. This is the only website where you can get a copy of your credit report for free. There may be other websites that offer a free report, however these could be designed to trick you into submitting your information. Only use the above website for your free annual report.
Step 2 - Complete the Online Request Form
Once you have submitted the form, your report will be generated. If you choose to receive a hard copy of your free credit report, it will take approximately 2 weeks to receive by mail.
Step 3 - Review your Credit Report
Make sure there are no errors on your credit report. There are times when a financial institution will not update your report in a timely manner, so be sure your balance and current payment status is correct with each creditor.
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages