Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Today's Average 0.00%
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Some second mortgage loans may extend for as long as 15 or 20 years; others may require repayment in one year. You will need to discuss the repayment terms with the individual mortgage company and select one that offers terms that best suit your needs. For example, if you need to borrow $20,000 to make repairs on your home, you may not want a loan that requires you to repay the entire amount in one or two years because the monthly payments may be too high.
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure