Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Using mortgage calculators is certainly not hard, but here are some tips to get the greatest benefit out of them.
The most important key is to have the pertinent information handy. Depending on which calculator you use you will need to know things like the value and zip code of your potential property, the going interest rates, your gross income and your total monthly debts. You can certainly estimate the dollar amounts, but the more precise your data, the more accurate the answers will be.
Another tip is to take advantage of the handy feature that lets the calculator estimate taxes and insurance for you based on your zip code. Those types of numbers are often difficult to come by on your own, and this function makes the computer do all the work for you!
Finally, understand that the calculator outputs are simply estimates based on the data you entered. There may be some wiggle room in the real world when it comes to different lenders and loan programs. Use the calculator information as a general guide for your home buying process, but expect there to be some variation in the rates and terms you will be offered.
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- Appraisal Basics
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification