Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Moving insurance is often justified if you are going to have a moving company transport many of your more valuable items. The cost you will have to pay depends on the type of insurance coverage you select. If you are unsure about the value of any items you want moved, contact an appraiser to assess the value so you can choose the appropriate insurance coverage.
A professional moving company is required by law to include limited liability coverage in the price of your move. However, this coverage may not be enough to replace any of your items that are lost or severely damaged during the move.
You can choose to put a price on the items you are having transported, and the extra cost will be added to your contract. For example, if you determine the value of the items you are having moved is $50,000, the mover may charge $500 for the added valuation.
If you opt for full-coverage insurance, any items that are lost or damaged will be replaced or fixed free of charge. This is the safest option if you are having the mover transport a lot of valuable items or if they have to travel a long distance to your new location.
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams