Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Moving your car by having a transport company deliver it right to your new residence can be expensive. There are other options to consider that may be able to save you some money.
Some door-to-door transport companies will also offer to pick up your car and take it to a terminal for storage until you are able to pick it up. This is more convenient and is safer, since your car will be under lock and key in a terminal and not sitting unattended in your new driveway.
The price for terminal-to-terminal service is often less than door-to-door, because the transport company can move your car along with other vehicles it is transporting to the same general area.
A drive-away service is another way to move your car; however, the vehicle will accumulate mileage because it will actually be driven to your new location, not put on a carrier.
Many people do not want to take the risk of having people they do not know drive their cars for long distances, so make sure you are comfortable with the drive-away service before you agree to have it move your car. Ask for references from customers it has serviced in the past so you have an idea of the company's performance.
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit