Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Today's Average 4.06%
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
- Are you and your business credit worthy?
Your personal and business credit ratings will be analyzed.
- What kind of money do you require?
Short, long, intermediate term money or equity capital.
- How much money do you need?
Present exactly what you need and what it is for.
- Do you have sufficient collateral?
Your collateral must equal the loan amount at a minimum.
- What are the lender's rules?
Ask about loan-to-value and debt coverage ratios.
- What kinds of limitations will be set by you?
Know your comfort level with rate, payment, and term.
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage