Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
About 1 in 10 FHA borrowers leave money in their escrow accounts when they pay off their loans. The average refund for each borrower is about $700.
Former FHA borrowers who think they might be due a refund can call a toll free number, 800-697-6967, write HUD at P.O. Box 23669, Washington DC 20026-3699, or look for his/her name with the HUD Refund Search Form on their web site.
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- What To Do When Mortgages Default