Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Filling out a reverse mortgage application is an important part of the process of acquiring a reverse mortgage. Reverse mortgages are very popular with retirees as they provide a way to supplement their income for several years. When filling out a reverse mortgage application, here is some of the information that you will be required to provide.
On the reverse mortgage application, you are going to have to provide them with personal information about yourself. You will have to provide them with your name, your address, your phone number, your Social Security number, and any other personal information that they require.
You will also be required to provide them with information about the property that you want to use for the loan. You will have to give them the approximate value of the property as well as how much money you owe against it with other mortgages. If the loan balance is too high, they may not be able to approve you for a reverse mortgage. They will also want to know if you have insurance on the property and if there are any outstanding liens against the property. They will then want to schedule appraisal of the property to move on with the process.
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application