Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
Make sure to ask about their commission fees as well. These fees will average 6 percent to 7 percent but may be negotiable. Remember, the agent you choose is going to be one of your main sources of information. A good agent will advise you and guide you in many ways. Look for a representative who is pursuing sales, returning telephone calls, aggressively working in your best interest and whose only job is real estate.
- How often will you promise to call or write me with activity on the home?
- I would like to have a list of your satisfied clients (of comparable properties) as references.
- Describe your history of real estate sales. Most agents sell just 30 percent to 60 percent of their listings before the listings expire. Choose an agent who sells 85 percent.
- What percentage of the asking price on average have you received for the homes you've sold during the last year?
- What is the average number of days your listed homes stayed on the market?
- Why should I pick you over all other agents?
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- Appraisal Basics
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure