Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
As a homebuyer, you encounter several fees, such as title and escrow fees, that you are responsible for. Title and escrow fees have built-in minor fees such as recording and title premiums that can make the overall cost expensive. What you may not know is that you can negotiate to reduce the title and escrow fees. Here are four tips to aid you in reducing title and escrow fees.
You must first know how the process works. Educate yourself on title and escrow fees and how the affect your contract. In addition, check out your state's regulations to determine what companies can and cannot do
When selecting a company to handle your title and escrow fees, ask for referrals from friends and family. The referral should be for a specific person, not a company. He or she should be familiar with your property type.
Inquire about any discounts or incentives that can help reduce the cost. Be aware that these discounts may not affect you initially. It is still good to know how you can reduce your cost over time.
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification