Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
If you are going to apply for a commercial loan refinance, make sure to consider your options before you decide on a lender.
Tip #1: Credit Repair
If you have any credit that is delinquent, contact the creditors and arrange a payment plan. This will show your commercial loan lender that you are working on repairing your credit, even though you are struggling at the present time.
Tip #2: Lenders
If your lender does not offer favorable refinancing, you may want to shop around at different lenders to see what they have to offer.
Tip #3: Additional Collateral
If you put down more collateral on the refinance, it may make a difference in the rate you pay and the term of your loan.
Warning #1: Loan Fees
Since you are taking out a new loan, you will have another set of fees to pay. You will also have additional finance charges.
Warning #2: Down Payment
If your loan-to-value ratio does not fall within the lender’s guidelines, you may have to pay down the loan in order to get an approval.
Warning #3: Loan Terms
Because you were unable to payoff your existing commercial loan, your lender may not give you a loan structure that was as attractive as the original package.
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages