Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
When you apply for a mortgage online, you must feel secure using the lender you select for your loan. Gather your personal and credit information before you start an online application. Consider applying with more than one online lender so that you can compare different loan approvals to see which one has the best terms.
Tip #1: Prepare Your Information before Applying
Once you start the online application process, there may be some information required that you do not know. If you compile all of your creditor payments and balances, as well as employment history specifics before you begin the application, you will not have to terminate the application and start over.
Tip #2: Check More than One Online Lending Source
There are many online lenders to choose from, and they may all have different loan structures. If you fill out loan applications with different lenders, your chances of receiving an approval should increase.
Tip #3: Compare the Different Loan Offers You Receive
Once you have more than one approval, compare the loans and see which has the best terms. Review the interest rates, lengths of the loans, and closing costs. Check each lender’s reputation and then pick the one you feel most comfortable using for your mortgage loan.
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit