Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
The policy is issued after a complete search and examination of the public records and shows the condition of the record title, including any money obligations outstanding against the property, easements and other matters which may affect the rights of ownership, possession and use of the property.
Title insurance protects the record title insuring it is good subject only to the exceptions expressly set out in the policy. lt also insures against certain matters which do not appear of record such as forgery identity of parties incompetence of former owners interest of missing heirs and status of individuals not having the "right" to sell property.
There are different types of policies. Owners
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Appraisal Basics
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer