Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
An upfront mortgage lender is a type of lender that is designed to give you more information on the front end of the mortgage process. Here are the basics of an upfront mortgage lender.
Upfront Mortgage Lender
If you have ever shopped for a mortgage in the past, you know that you will not be able to get an exact quote on everything until you have gone through the underwriting process. The lender will traditionally want to get your Social Security number and other information before they can give you a quote. However, with an upfront mortgage lender, this is not the case. You do not have to give them any personal information in order to get a quote on a loan. They will even give you detailed information about the closing costs on the loan.
Working with upfront mortgage lenders is something that many borrowers consider a big advantage. By doing this, you will be able to save significant amounts of time in your shopping process. You will be able to easily compare the rates of one lender against the next without spending too much time working with either one.
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- Appraisal Basics
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Short Selling a Rental Property