Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Today's Average 4.51%
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
- To buy a home including townhouse or condominium unit in a VA approved project
- To build a home
- To simultaneously purchase and improve a home
- To improve a home by installing energy related features such as solar or heating/cooling systems, water heaters, insulation, weatherstripping, caulking, storm windows/doors or other energy efficient improvements approved by the lender and VA. These features may be added with the purchase of an existing dwelling or by refinancing a home owned and occupied by the veteran. A loan can be increased up to $3,000 based on documented costs or up to $6,000 if the increase in the mortgage payment is offset by the expected reduction in utility costs. A refinancing loan may not exceed 90 percent of the appraised value plus the costs of the improvements. Check with a lender or VA for details.
- To refinance an existing home loan up to 90 percent of the VA-established reasonable value or to refinance an existing VA loan to reduce the interest rate.
- To buy a manufactured home and/or lot.
- 3 Warning Signs of Loan Modification Scams
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- 3 Common Short Sale Mistakes
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- FHA Eligibility with Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
- Appraisal Basics
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit