Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
With this type of mortgage, a home seller can sell a property and include the mortgage with the deal. The buyer will not have to go through the process of shopping for a new loan or pay additional closing costs with this type of loan. He can simply purchase the house and the mortgage as a single package.
When a seller offers to allow a buyer to assume the mortgage already on the property, the buyer is going to have to go through a process with the lender. The lender is going to want personal information about the new buyer, and it is are going to check up on him. The lender will pull the buyer's credit file and make sure that he makes enough money to support the mortgage payment.
This type of mortgage can provide you with a definite advantage when the interest rate on the loan is lower than what you can get in the market. Another advantage to taking this type of loan is that that is much easier than finding a new mortgage.
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- How to Get Approved for an FHA Loan despite Bad Credit
- Alternatives to Getting a 2nd Mortgage
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- What To Do When Mortgages Default
- 3 Reasons Banks Reject Short Sales