Explore the Mortgage101 Library
Check Local Mortgage Rates
Loan Program Choices
Use our calculator to find out your estimated monthly payment in advance: Enter the loan amount, interest rate, and length of mortgage.
Try our Mortgage Payment Calculator
A VA manufactured home loan is available for current and former members of the United States military. VA manufactured home loans can be made by a variety of banks and mortgage lenders. The VA guarantees 40 percent, to a maximum of $20,000, for this loan, so the lender has less risk. If you are a military member, you can still borrow as much as 95 percent of the purchase price, plus any VA fees that are involved.
A military member can get a Certificate of Eligibility from the closest VA office. The certificate is VA Form 26-1880, Request for Determination of Eligibility and Available Loan Guaranty Entitlement.
If you are on active duty, you must provide proof of service with a statement signed by your unit commander. If you are an honorably discharged veteran, you may use your discharge document DD Form 214.
You need a completed Certificate of Eligibility form, and you must live in the manufactured home within a reasonable amount of time once you close on the VA loan with your lender.
Also, you have to show enough income to be able to make the loan payments and cover any associated expenses that go along with home ownership. Your income must also cover any other payments or obligations.
- FHA Loans for a First-Time Home Buyer
- Second Mortgages: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Short Selling a Rental Property
- What Lenders Don't Reveal About Home Equity Loans
- Low Down Payment Loan Qualification
- Home Equity Loans for People with Bad Credit
- Should You Refinance? Make Sure the Timing is Right
- 3 Factors that Can Negatively Affect Your Mortgage Application
- What To Do When Mortgages Default